Thank you for your interest in the membership of Science Planet Inc. (SPI). We welcome the participation of students, researchers, scientists, academicians, health care professionals, teachers, universities, institutes, organizations, agencies, societies, NGOs, and all others who have interest in science and support our objective to work towards socially benefiting the sections of the society having limited resources with the medium of science.
SPI was incorporated under the Canada Not-for-profit Corporations Act on Aug 11, 2017 (Corporation number: 1036239-5). It is also registered with Registraire des entreprises Quebec (NEQ: 1173291569). Since its creation, the SPI is constantly working towards disseminating the scientific knowledge to all the sections of the society in Canada and internationally. It promotes the open access system in the scholarly publishing and is currently serving as the publisher of the Canadian Journal of Biotechnology (CJB). SPI provides free access to all the people worldwide to the new research published in all the areas of biotechnology in CJB. With your support and confidence, SPI shall be able to fulfill its goal to initiate more projects to help people in keeping themselves abreast with the latest and quality research in all the domains of science.
SPI is a member of
SPI offers the following two categories of membership:
Class A Members
- Class A voting membership shall be available to persons who have applied and have been accepted for Class A voting membership in the Corporation.
- The term of membership of a Class A voting member shall be annual, subject to renewal in accordance with the policies of the Corporation.
- Class A voting member is entitled to receive notice of, attend and vote at all meetings of members and each such Class A voting member shall be entitled to one (1) vote at such meetings.
Class B Members
- Class B non-voting membership shall be available to persons who have applied and have been accepted for Class B non-voting membership in the Corporation.
- The term of membership of a Class B non-voting member shall be annual, subject to renewal in accordance with the policies of the Corporation.
- Class B non-voting member shall not be entitled to receive notice of, attend or vote at meetings of the members of the Corporation.
For students and any other person earning less than or equal to $40,000 annually (gross income, before taxes):
- Class A membership – USD60
- Class B membership – USD40
For all other individuals:
- Class A membership – USD120
- Class B membership – USD80
For universities/institutes/organizations/agencies/ societies/NGOs:
- Class A membership – USD240
- Class B membership – USD160
Please note that it is an annual membership which starts from the date of acceptance of the membership form. Renewal notices are sent out two months prior to the membership renewal date. If the membership dues are not paid within one calendar month of the membership renewal date, it automatically ceases the membership of the corporation. Members can also opt for the automatic renewal service which will help them in getting their membership renewed automatically every year.
Everyone is welcome to apply for SPI membership. The board of directors will review the submitted form and will approve the admission of the member in the corporation in the appropriate category.
Benefits of SPI Membership:
By becoming a member you will show your support to provide aid to all those people from around the world who fail to learn science or keep themselves abreast with the latest developments in science due to limited resources. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to take advantage of the following benefits of the membership:
- The privilege of joining a team who works towards the social welfare of the society and getting your voice heard to refine the reach of science in Canada and worldwide.
- 15% off the publication charges for all the papers accepted from the member’s laboratory for the publication in the journal(s) published by SPI.
- SPI plans to conduct scientific conferences in North America and abroad in the future. The registration fee for all such conferences will be substantially reduced for all the members of SPI.
- If you are the organizer of any scientific conference/meeting, as a member of SPI you will be eligible to publish the conference/meeting abstracts and/or proceedings in an appropriate journal published by SPI at substantially reduced rates.
- The professional recognition of being listed among the members of Science Planet Inc. (a not-for-profit organization) in Canada.
- The option of receiving regular updates about the organization and its associated projects via email.
- The option of getting intimated via email about the new research as soon as it gets published in the journal(s) published by SPI.
- The option of getting your logo featured on our website at substantially reduced rates.
- Membership certificate.
Membership fees will contribute to the SPI administration in the following activities including, but not limited to:
- Organizing annual scientific conferences/meetings.
- Best research awards in the scientific conferences/meetings organized by SPI.
- Website(s) maintenance.
- Annual fees for the database services such as Crossref, Portico, etc.
- Promoting open access research and its significance to reinstate the original purpose of scholarly publishing which is to disseminate knowledge widely.
- Salaries/stipends of the full-time and part-time employees.
Apply for Membership:
Applications for SPI membership can be submitted at any time during the year. Please fill out the Membership Application Form and submit it at email@example.com along with the required documents. Please allow 15 days for the application review and approval process.